Create a Spa Day at Home – DIY Ideas
Having a Spa day at home should be on your to-do list, especially in these turbulent times. By making it part of your weekly routine, you can ensure to carve out some real self-care time to de-stress and truly relax.
Don’t get us wrong, we’d rather be in a plush spa, but when that’s not an option, you can be creative and make the spa of your dreams happen in the comfort of your own home. Here’s our spa at home checklist:
- Turn off all screens – take a couple of hours away from any blue light or distractions – put your laptop, phone or tablet in another room and turn off the TV.
- Set the light right – Turn the lights off and light some candles for a low-lit ambiance.
- Put on some relaxing tunes – You might want to just have some relaxing music playing in the background to set the vibe. Try this Spotify playlist for some chillout tunes.
- Aromatherapy – If you want to boost your senses more, light up an aroma lamp. Lavender oil is your best choice – a few drops will help you calm down and even help reduce your blood pressure.
- Indulge in a massage – Ask your partner or a friend to give you a back rub – return the favour. Don’t overdo it – rely more on imitating some light moves, not applying much pressure. – you can check some guides on how to do body massage at home.
- Treat your skin and hair – Apply your favourite face and hair mask, leave it on for as long as required before indulging in a hot both to finish up your spa at home session.
USPAAH is currently only offering Essential Sports , Deep Tissue and Pregnancy Massages and Rehabilitative Yoga and Pilates. You can book these treatments online or via our app. Use the code NEW10 for £10 off your first booking with USPAAH.
For the latest update on our treatment offering, please visit our FAQ page