Discover the Calming Power of Pregnancy Massage at Home
Hand on heart, there is almost nothing better, than a home Pregnancy massage to ease muscle cramps, reduce aches and fluid retention, and to calm both mother and baby. Available in all of London, our mobile therapists will create the perfect soothing environment in your home or hotel, and will reduce swelling and improve circulation through gentle but targeted techniques which are safe for mother and baby.
Why is USPAAH’s pre-natal massage good for you?
Pregnant women in London choose our at-home pregnancy treatment because:
- We bring the spa to your door – book a mobile massage in your home or hotel, and sit back while we transform your space into a tranquil oasis. No need to travel through the city which can be even harder when you’re expecting. USPAAH comes to you with a full professional kit.
- We relieve pain and tension – pregnancy can be a stressful time for a number of reasons. An outcall pregnancy massage will provide relief from any pain, muscles spasms or cramps you may be experiencing in the lower back, hips, legs, neck and weight-bearing joints around the body.
- It is gentle and safe for mother and baby – this treatment is specifically designed to be safe and therapeutic for both you and your little miracle. You can lie down on your side or choose to be propped up by pillows, and your therapist will never be exerting more than gentle pressure.
- It will improve sleep and overall mood – your experienced pregnancy massage therapist will focus their undivided attention to ease both mental and physical strains. Increased blood flow and improved circulation will help disperse the build up of cortisol, “the stress hormone” which in turn will help you sleep better at night.
How does a Pregnancy Massage at home work
- Your home pregnancy massage therapist will bring everything they need with them. The massage table can be reclined fully, or you can be propped up by pillows, so you don’t need to lie all the way down if you don’t want to. There will also be plenty of padding. This keeps you nice and comfortable while also being best for your baby.
- Your Sparista will begin by getting to know you and your condition, which includes how far along you are, and where you are feeling most of the discomfort.
- The massage itself consists of long, slow, gentle strokes with occasional breaks for kneading away stresses and strains in tense areas. It is truly the ultimate relaxation. Slow turns onto each side allow your visiting massage therapist to address your hips and shoulders too. You’ll be fully supported with pillows in all positions.
Preparing for your session, and best aftercare
- The most important thing to do before your session is to relax as much as possible. This might mean putting on some relaxing music, turning your phone off and generally putting your feet up. It’s also not a good idea to eat in the few hours before your session.
- It is recommended to drink a lot of water before your massage starts and after it ends. This is because lactic acid (a waste product of your muscles) will be released into your system. Water will make sure it is flushed out through you.
- Don’t worry if this means you need to take a bathroom break at any time. All of our mobile pregnancy massage therapists know that more frequent visits to the bathroom are part and parcel when it comes to pregnancy.
- Have a couple of extra towels and pillows ready so that you can be well supported from all sides.
- A warm (not hot) shower and a foot soak with Epsom salts is the absolute best way to follow a blissful pregnancy massage, but if you prefer to go straight to bed that’s fine too.
How it works
Book more than 50 mobile Massage, Beauty & Wellness treatments to your Home, Office or Hotel in less than 30 seconds
and Wellness treatments
directly to your door 7AM - 10:30PM
Get that "AHH" feeling at home
Q. Is a visiting pregnancy massage safe for me?
A. After the first trimester, you’ll find that pregnancy massages are usually regarded as safe. Before that, a massage can trigger morning sickness or create little dizzy spells. However, it’s always worth talking to your doctor to confirm that a massage will be a good idea in your particular case. Many doctors recommend them. You should always make sure that your therapist knows that you are pregnant.
Q. Where can I find a massage therapist near me?
A. We offer mobile pregnancy massage services across London zones 1-6. You can book online or via our mobile app in just a few clicks. Our therapists can usually be with you in a couple of hours, or you can also book up to 3 weeks in advance.
Q. How do I know the therapist is qualified?
A. Rest assured all USPAAH therapists undergo a thorough vetting process including interviews, trade tests and reference checks. We require specialist training certification for Pregnancy massage in particular and all of our therapists usually have years of experience in the practice. If you’re happy with your therapist, you can also re-book them regularly directly from our app or website.