There are many reasons to get a gel manicure. Even though they are a bit more expensive than your typical nail polish, they will last much longer. If you treat your gel manicure the right way, you can expect your nails to remain glossy and un-chipped for up to 3 weeks.
How to care for your gel nails
- Use a hand and nail moisturiser – A gel manicure has the tendency to dry out your nails a little. Therefore, moisturiser is essential, unless you want dry, cracked nail beds before and after your manicure comes off. Cuticle oil is best for this purpose, as oils tend to penetrate the skin faster than lotions and creams.
- Avoid Sanitiser – On a similar note, try to avoid hand sanitiser – it has a tendency to cause chips in the gel. Washing your hands with some moisturising soap instead will benefit both your manicure and your skin.
Could a gel manicure last a whole month?
The typical promise for gel nails is a two-week life cycle. If you follow our advice and take care of your nails, then you might even be able to get an entire month’s wear out of a single manicure.
- Do not pick at your nails – This one might seem obvious, but do not pick at your nails, however tempting it may seem. The less you fiddle with your fingers, the less likely it is your nails will chip. After all, pedicures tend to last much longer than manicures because our toes are usually hidden within socks or sandals.
- Avoid soaking – On top of this, try to avoid lengthy soaks in a steaming hot bath. Warm water is exactly the type of thing that will harm the gel on your nails and cause it to peel.
- Topcoat for extra protection – It is also worth investing in some top coat of your own, so that you can reapply it every few days or so. This keeps the protective layer on top of your gel safe and strong.
Gel manicure aftercare
After a month of gel, you need to resist the urge to pick the manicure off with your fingers. Have it removed by a professional using soak-off products. They know how to protect your cuticles and nail bed after long term gel polish treatment. It is also best practice to give your nails a break and wait a few days before reapplying a new gel manicure.
Would you like to know more about the different gel nails treatments we offer directly to you home or office? Simply give us a call on 02071013534 or email email@example.com. To book an appointment, simply go online at www.uspaah.com or download our app. New customers enjoy £10 OFF on their first treatment with discount code NEW10.